Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Big Money Win


Well the big news of the day is my big poker win! Last Sunday I entered a $5 poker tournament with about 1600 people. I mostly was playing for fun and experience. 6 1/4 hours later, I came to an agreement with the one remaining player, and we split first and second place. I took home $1200.

This is huge. It represents my biggest single-day win and my biggest tournament win. Plus it was a ton of fun and I learned a lot. I have ton a lot of analysis already and might go over the tournament hand-by-hand later (I keep a live database, of course).

I first started playing poker about 8 years ago, long before TV made it hugely popular. Back then I learned a lot from the school of hard knocks and lost a little most times I went out. But this win makes me a lifetime winner again, so I'm very happy about that. Plus I have now "paid for" my laptop, which I bought in part to play online games, including poker.

Hiroko's getting pretty tired of me bringing up the win every time I make a small purchase. I'm going to the grocery...to spend some of my winnings! Sure we can stop at White Castle...I'll buy a shake with my winnings!

And so on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is well done. I never thought anyone won those games. I just thought the companies took home all the money. Internet poker is really popular over here. We get tourneys on nighttime TV as well with the best internet players. They have not mastered the art of the poker-face yet, generally! I do a blog too: if you want to drop by I'm at gledwood2.blogspot.com, you're most welcome. It is very different to yours though!

All the Best now

Gledwood

PS My friend is collecting sponsored comments if you're willing to take part. The url is linked in my top (or second top) post...