Monday, March 26, 2007

Countdown to Baseball -- the 2003 clinch

It's been forever since I posted anything, meaning it's only two posts back that I was trashing the Cubs. They'd dropped all their spring training games at that point. Well actually with the camp almost wrapped up, the Cubs have had a fantastic spring, performing very well in all categories, and showing off a lot of up and coming talent as well. Starting pitching is a little shaking, but we are firing on all other cylinders. I can't say for sure we're the best in the division, but I'm excited that it's going to be a great season regardless.

I wanted to share a memory: on September 27, 2003, I moved from my apartment, a mile from Wrigley, to my first home, a condo half a mile from Wrigley. That was the same day that the Cubs won both games of a Pirates doubleheader, and Houston lost, clinching the NLC for the Cubs. All day as we moved stuff back and forth between my homes, we could hear the crowd going crazy at Wrigley. It's a vivid and precious memory o my time here in the heart of it all.

Hopefully, I'll be moving soon this summer, and it'll be on a day when the Cubs are on top again.

Just one week until baseball! Here's a video I wanted to share, to say that there are some good memories for Cubs fans:

No comments: