Monday, January 29, 2007

Cool Tech: Helmet Hack

<span onclick=
I'm a tech geek guy, but I haven't yet posted anything about that. So this is my first Cool Tech article, in which I'll highlight neat tech and hacks I've found or done, which you can use. All of them will carry the Cool Tech label.

Check out this simple helmet hack. I bought a pair of LED mini-flashlights off Tanga and electric-taped them to my helmet. It's not car light bright, but now I've got a bright spot wherever I look.

You're probably aware that lights on bikes are for being seen, not for seeing. Well now if I'm alert about a car, I'm looking at them, so they certainly will be aware of me. Plus it's bitchin'-cool looking.

This gives me four lights on my bike. Anyway, I'm proud of myself.

Sheldon Brown has a lot to say about lights for commuting here.

No comments: