Tuesday, January 2, 2007

There's an Enormous Hole in my Floor


If you've ever been to my house, you know that the stairs between my two floors are about 12" apart (versus the standard 7-8") and ugly as sin. When the previous owner self-finished the basement, he did virtually everything in a very half-ass style. The stairs, on the other hand, are fully ass. The seven million potential buyers who've come and decided not to buy the place have all mentioned it. Also Hiroko can't use them at all, and I don't think they're a walk in the park for Yasuko.

So they're going. Outta here. Gone. Ripped out by contractors. It's loud and dusty here, which is good for nobody, but it should only take a day.

Right now I'm off work indefinitely, waiting for Hiroko to give birth to Ren, which means I can take photos and blog about. So here you go. I'll keep adding to this photo set throughout the day.

Update
: I added a bunch more pics. My whole house is really dusty now. Lots of cleaning to look forward to.

No comments: