Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Rode my bicycle to work today. That's not particularly notable, except that it's the first time in two weeks I've done so, which is an awfully long stretch. It couldn't be helped. There's been doctors' appointments, a back injury, a 10-day cold, and inclement weather to avoid.

I bought my self a totally fly used fixed-gear about three months back for winter and city riding. I'll post pictures of my bikes soon. It's a perfect commuter, especially in this balmy weather. This morning it was 35 degrees and hazy...perfect bicycling weather!

Today is just about the midpoint between last year and next year's Ragbrai. It's a long way away, but the team is already starting to ramp up, talking about putting together a roster, and training and equipment for next year, and budget, and the bus, and all that. You can read about the team at our team website. I can't figure a way to get pictures off there, but here's a good pic of me with some dudes from the team.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hey Bob:
I hope to see you on the ride this year. The route announcement is coming in late January I guess. I was a RAG virgin last year. I went solo with no team support last year and I could tell it would be a lot more fun w/a group. Happy New Year and I hope we meet sometime.

BuddhaBlog said...

Lots of groups are charter and will take you on . WE are charter, but we offer an excellent team experience for low price, plus we all have biker friends, so it's hard to make it onto the team. The C.U.B.S. are a huge Chicago team that's always taking people: http://www.ragbraicubs.org/